Monday, October 24, 2011

Landing Page Optimization: my case study is featured on Which Test Won


I'm excited to report that the Landing Page Optimization work I recently completed for Alpha Software Corporation was featured today on my favorite marketing website, WhichTestWon.com!



How To Optimize A Landing Page
I created a SlideShare to show you a side-by-side comparison of the two landing pages and an explanation of the changes I made to optimize the results. You can check it out below (spoiler alert: don't view this SlideShare before you try to predict which landing page performed better on WhichTestWon.com, that is cheating!):

View How To Optimize A Landing Page on SlideShare. View more presentations from Bob Hebeisen on SlideShare.

Why is WhichTestWon.com My Favorite Website?
A note about WhichTestWon.com. It is my favorite marketing website because it is like a game: you are challenged each week to use your marketing instincts to predict which version of an A/B test is the winner. Sometimes it is obvious, but more often than not it is difficult to predict the results and tricky to explain why one variation works better than the other.

The moral of the story is you should always test, and you can really get burned if you just rely on your gut instincts.

1 comment: