Many have pronounced tradeshow marketing dead. But I propose that with the right strategy, hard work, and flawless execution, tradeshows can still be a productive part of your marketing plan.
Here are 12 ways to breathe new life into your tradeshows:
- Start planning early
- Make sure the audience is a good fit
- Get on the presentation agenda
- Establish a service level agreement with sales
- Negotiate for the full list of registrants
- Promote your participation to customers and prospects prior to the show
- Demand aggressive and professional performance from booth staff
- Capture detailed lead information
- Provide giveaways, raffles, and tchotchkes
- Enter all leads into a CRM system for Sales follow-up
- Continue post-show marketing with an appropriate offer
- Hold a post-mortem review with Sales and Marketing
This article was inspired by a discussion in the Sales / Marketing VPs LinkedIn discussion group.