In post 1 and post 2 on this subject matter I noted that we see a couple of common problems with our VAR websites:
- VAR websites exhibit low, slow adoption of our marketing assets
- VAR websites frequently exhibit product branding violations
So we were trying a new service called SharedVue Website Content Syndication...
How do you fix a bad VAR website? My little joke was that you don't fix *a* VAR's website; instead you fix *all* of them. Well, I am pleased to report that we have launched the service and gone "live" with our first four VARs. (Not nearly all of them, but a good start, and I expect adoption to be brisk.) Take a look:
- Customer Driven Technology: http://www.cdtplm.com – click the banner on the left that says "PTC Business Solution Center"
- Impac Systems: http://www.impacsystems.com – click the text link at top right that says "PTC Business Solution Center"
- Global Product Delivery Systems: http://www.g-pds.com – click the text link in the middle of the screen that says "PTC Business Solution Center"
- Maintenance Reseller Corporation: http://www.mrcpds.com – click the text link in the middle of the screen that says "PTC Business Solution Center"
- Quality marketing content – we can now easily drop into any VAR website our best ~25 marketing campaigns
- Easy to deploy – the VAR pastes one line of HTML code onto one page of their website to accept the syndication feed, it takes less than 30 minutes to set up
- Hands-off maintenance – takes away the burden of website maintenance for the VAR because campaigns & product collateral are refreshed centrally by my team and changes are automatically and instantly syndicated to the VAR websites
- Lead flow – certain campaigns have lead capture forms, and the leads go directly to the VARs